The publication of this report coincides with the first anniversary of the IOF [Israeli Occupation Forces] redeployment in the Gaza Strip, under which IOF dismantled Israeli settlements and deployed along the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel. Israel claimed then that its forces' withdrawal from the Gaza Strip had ended 38 years of occupation, but facts on the ground refute this claim, as IOF have continued to commit crimes against Palestinian civilians and property in the Gaza Strip and have maintained control over it border, airspace and sea.
In the meantime, IOF have continued to construct the Annexation Wall and expand settlements in the West Bank. As the international community has remained silent, IOF have continued to wage a full scale offensive on the Palestinian people, especially in the Gaza Strip, since 35 June 2006, when Palestinian militants launched an attacks on an IOF military site near Rafah. During the reported period, IOF have continued their attacks on Palestinian civilians and property.
- Destruction incurred to agricultural land in Khuza’a village, east Khan Yunis, during an Israeli incursion into the village
- 6 Palestinians, including two children, were killed by IOF
- 3 of the victims, including two civilian bystanders, were extra-judicially executed by IOF in Qabatya village near Jenin
- 29 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children and 6 women, were wounded by the IOF gunfire
- IOF have continued to launch air strikes on houses in the Gaza Strip; one house was destroyed in Gaza City
- IOF conducted 35 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and 4 others into the Gaza Strip
- IOF arrested 55 Palestinian civilians, including two children, 3 women and two wounded persons, in the West Bank
- 4 houses were destroyed and 280 donums of agricultural land were razed by IOF in the Gaza Strip
- IOF transformed a number of houses into military sites
- IOF raided various offices of Prisoners’ Supporters Association.
IOF have continued to construct the Annexation Wall in the West Bank; they confiscated 100 donums of land in al-Khader village south of Bethlehem; and the Israeli High Court approved resuming the construction of the Wall to the northwest of Jerusalem. Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property in the OPT; an Israeli settler ran down a Palestinian child in Qalqilya.